Downloading and Filling Out the Petition
(It's "simpler" than you might expect…)
Your signature will help to place the California Simple Tax Plan on the California ballot as a voter initiative. Please download, sign and mail the petition, and while you're at it, see if anyone else would like to sign the petition as well!
PLEASE NOTE: California Law provides very strict guidelines on obtaining invalid initiative petition signatures
Do not alter the SIZE or FORMAT of the Petition as the law requires all dimensions to remain the same. (See details in the Instruction sheet.)
All signatures on a petition must be by REGISTERED VOTERS of the SAME County that is designated on the Petition. Use separate petitions for each different county. [*If you are not registered to vote you may fill out a voter registration form and then immediately thereafter sign the petition. Follow this link to access the online California voter registration form in a new window.]
The person circulating the Petition must WITNESS each person as they sign. You do not have to fill in all five signature blocks for the petition to be valid. You may submit your Petition with as few as one and as many as five
The person who circulates the Petition, even if you only circulate it to yourself, must sign EACH petition at the bottom. (See details in the Instruction sheet.)
Signatures that are improperly collected will be invalid and will not be counted.
Please download the petition instructions and follow them very carefully!
STEP 1: READ THE PETITION INSTRUCTIONS
Remember - signatures that are improperly collected will be invalid!
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD THE PETITION FORM
You may print or photocopy as many blank petitions as you wish. Be sure to photocopy BLANK Petitions from an original (Clean) printed version of the petition. Do not alter the size of the petition as the law requires all dimensions to remain the same. Cannot be altered; available in PDF format only...
(document will open in a separate window)
STEP 3: GATHER SIGNATURES (OR SIMPLY SIGN FOR YOURSELF)
- Each petition signer must sign on their specific county petition
- Signer must be registered to vote
- Signer must Print name
- PRINT IN BLACK INK
- Signer must sign their Name on petition.
- PRINT IN BLACK INK
- Signer must give Residence address, giving street and number or if no street or number exists, adequate designation of residence so that the location may be readily scertained.
- Signer must give Name of incorporated city or unincorporated community. PO Box address is not acceptable.
- No abbreviation
- Be sure to follow the signature guidelines in the Instructions very carefully. Remember that you (as the "Circulator" of your copy of the Petition) must witness every signature.
STEP 4: COMPLETE "CIRCULATOR" INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF
- Each petition shall have attached a declaration signed by the circulator of the petition setting forth the following: (EC 104, 9109)
- The printed name of the circulator.
- The residence address of the circulator, giving street and number, or if no street and number exists, adequate designation of residence so that the location may be readily ascertained.
- The dates between which all the signatures to the petition were obtained.
- That the circulator circulated that page and witnessed the appended signatures being written.
- That according to the best information and belief of the circulator, each signature is the genuine signature of the person whose name it purports to be.
- Thecirculator shall certify to the content of the declaration as to its truth and correctness, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California, with the signature of his or her name at length, including given name, middle name or initial, and last name.
- The circulator shall state the date and the place of execution on the declaration immediately preceding his or her signature.
Any person who is a registered voter or is qualified to register to vote in California (i.e., the person is a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old, and not in prison or on parole for conviction of a felony (EC 2101) may circulate an initiative petition. (EC 102)
The sheet does not have to have all the signature boxes filled to turn it in.
Petitions must be returned by April 16, 2012 to the address on the bottom of the petition.
Be sure to follow Instructions; when all the signatures are gathered, the circulator (you) should sign the bottom of this section, fill in the date and location, and fill in your address information. This applies even if yours was the only signature gathered on your copy of the Petition.
STEP 5: MAIL THE PETITION BACK TO US
Please return your petition ASAP to:
Parental Rights in Education
3407 Arden Way
Sacramento, CA 95825
or call 714-333-0340 for more assistance.
It's that simple!